Friday 30 January 2015

T͓̽h͓̽e͓̽ L͓̽i͓̽t͓̽t͓̽l͓̽e͓̽ M͓̽e͓̽r͓̽m͓̽a͓̽i͓̽d͓̽ 💗

Hello Disney fans!! 

This weeks blog will be about the beautiful Princess Ariel!! 

Now I know a lot of you (even me) whether your the older generation or the younger generation, The Little Mermaid made a very firm impression on you. I felt like I wanted to do a little blog about her and tell you my views and first impressions on Ariel, I hope you enjoy! 

Firstly, I would like to start by say how much I love this film. I remember growing up, how much I watched because I eventually ran down the tape haha.. (Yes! Way back when, VCR's were a thing haha..) I loved the songs and the characters and how positive Ariel was towards the human race. I wanted to be like her so badly and eventually my mum knitted me a tail fin skirt and I would sit and watch the film in it, I wanted to see the world like she did. Unfortunately, getting older I realised I couldn't do that but I do still try my hardest! :).. I watch it now at the age of 21 and I still feel like I'm watching it through a 5yr old girls eyes, I don't know how Disney does it?! But I love it. 

Now, every one knows how the story goes, a young mermaid who has her head in the clouds and wonders of a world that's separate to hers. She has the best sisters and an amazing father, along with her best friends of the sea.. Sebastian, flounder and we can't forget the knowledgeable seagull Scuttle! 

The story goes like this.. After adventure and after adventure, Ariel comes across a ship and "spies" on the crew to see what they are like, that is when she sees the most beautiful prince in the world.. Prince Eric, He is happily celebrating his birthday and Ariel likes what she sees.


How beautiful is this man? Seriously.. 

Anyway, soon after a big storm breaks out and the ships captain loses control meaning the whole ship goes down. Eric is flown into the see and Ariel panics and swims to his safety and helps him a shore, as he starts to wake, he hears a beautiful voice singing to him and it becomes etched into his head as he tries to find her. 

Later on Triton figures there's something up with Ariel as she sings everywhere she goes, her sister says that she's in love and triton is intrigued.. Eventually Sebastian let's lose that it's a human she's fallen for and triton demands for him to find Ariel, which leads him to her secret cave with nothing but human artefacts and of course, the statue of Eric. 

Triton is furious and destroys everything to teach her a lesson for disobeying him, after this, Flotsam and Jetsom (the 2 eels that are owned by the sea with Ursula) .. lure Ariel to her lair and she propositions her. 


Ursula's deal is to change Ariel into a human for three days and to fall in love with the Prince before sun down, but with one condition. Ariel had to give up her voice for this to happen and reluctantly, signs the contract. 


The transformation begins and Ariel is officially human but silenced in the process. 

The next thing you know, Ariel is on the beach with a new pair of legs and eager to find Eric. Which happens almost instantly as his dog finds her, Eric sees that she can't speak and thinks that this can't be the girl he had met but he helps here anyway. (You don't see that now a days.) 

Now I'm sure you all know how this part goes, it's a romantic setting with Eric trying to figure out who this beautiful girl is while Ariel is trying to get him to fall in love with her. This sounds tricky but it's so beautiful, especially the boat scene with the song "Kiss The Girl" (courtesy of Sebastian).. I could watch that all day, but of course every beautiful thing has an ugly side to it and Ursula sees how close Ariel is too kissing him and tries to stop this. 


Ursula herself becomes human and uses Ariel "stolen" vocal cords to lure Eric away from Ariel and gets him to marry her that day, which so happens to be the last day of Ariels human bargain to Ursula. The wedding ship departs and Scuttle realises who it is and tells the others, eventually all different birds and sea-life attack the guests and Ursula on the ship to stall the wedding so Ariel can get there. 



Then.. The shell that contains Ariels voice, breaks and releases it back to her and breaks Ursula's spell over Eric and he finally realised that Ariel is the girl he's been looking for!

After a long battle scene with Ursula and Eric slaying her, the two finally get married but only after King Triton understands how much she loves him and that he is going to have to let her go.

He gives her legs back, knowing he has to say good bye for her happiness, she finally has her man and literally sails into the sunset with him in her beautiful white dress and her sea family around her. 


I don't know how much more perfect this story can get? I watch this film when I want to feel some hope and inspiration in my day, I wish life was like this but I know that it can be similar in a way. 

I really enjoyed writing this and sharing my thoughts on this story and the Princess.. I'm not sure what my next one will be just yet but it will be awesome!! 

I love you all so much and thank you for reading.. Till next time folks.. Xoxoxoxo 

(Photos courtesy of Google images, Amazon and Pinterest) 

No comments:

Post a Comment